Consumer Information

The KCC regulates public utilities, common carriers, motor carriers, and oil and gas producers. Public utilities include local telephone, natural gas, and investor-owned electric service providers.

The KCC does not regulate your cell phone, Internet service, most municipal utilities, or electric and natural gas cooperatives.

Contact the KCC Public Affairs & Consumer Protection Division

  • Email:
  • Toll Free Helpline: (800) 662-0027
  • Phone: (785) 271-3140
  • Fax: (785) 271-3111
  • TDD Kansas Relay Center: (800) 766-3777
  • Mail: KCC - Public Affairs & Consumer Protection
    1500 SW Arrowhead Rd.
    Topeka, KS 66604-4027