Minimum Surface Casing Requirements
Minimum surface casing requirements for protecting fresh and usable water and to meet alternate #1 on Intent to Drill cards, Form C-1
S=Section, T=Township, R=Range
In all areas, set a minimum of 300 feet except when within two miles of the nearest valley wall of Kansas or Blue River then set to the following:
- T.9S, R.7E set to 910 feet mean sea level;
- T.11S, R.6E set to 960 feet m.s.l.
- T.11S, R.7E set to 950 feet m.s.l.
- T.10S, R.7E set to 920 feet m.s.l.
- T.10S, R.8E set to 890 feet m.s.l.
- T.10S, R.9E set to 880 feet m.s.l.
In all cases, set through all unconsolidated material plus 20 feet into the underlying formation.
For areas in which casing settings are given as sea level datums, topographic maps are available showing surface elevations. These maps may be obtained from the U.S. Geological Survey at Denver, Colorado; Rolla, Missouri and Washington, D.C.; and the State Geological Survey, Lawrence, Kansas.