Minimum Surface Casing Requirements
Minimum surface casing requirements for protecting fresh and usable water and to meet alternate #1 on Intent to Drill cards, Form C-1
S=Section, T=Township, R=Range
Set a minimum of 300 feet in all areas except when within 1 mile of the nearest valley wall of Kansas or Blue River then set to the following:
- T.9S, R.7E and 8E set to 910 feet mean sea level;
- T.10S, R.8E set to 890 feet m.s.l.
- T.10S, R.9E set to 880 feet m.s.l.
- T.9S, 10S, R.10E set to 870 feet m.s.l.
- T.9S, 10S, R.11E set to 850 feet m.s.l.
- T.10S, R.12E set to 840 feet m.s.l.
In all cases, set through all unconsolidated material plus 20 feet into the underlying formation.
For areas in which casing settings are given as sea level datums, topographic maps are available showing surface elevations. These maps may be obtained from the U.S. Geological Survey at Denver, Colorado; Rolla, Missouri and Washington, D.C.; and the State Geological Survey, Lawrence, Kansas.